Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Loving Buntings!


I've been seeing buntings everywhere lately! There are some super cute ones available on Etsy, and I've seen some good tutorials on the Craft Blog, this one is my favorite for a greeting card! Inspired by all this I made one for Valentine's Day and hung it before my husband woke up, he was impressed.


I created the design in Illustrator and added some special touches, like a message along the bottom that was sweet and personal. I then just printed it out on regular 8.5 x 11 in. cardstock and cut them in half. Got a red gros grain ribbon and used my sewing machine to sew the ribbon onto the cards.It was super easy and looked really nice on V-day, I've kept it up all week! Since it was a surprise I couldn't publish this post til after V-day, so keep it in mind for an idea next year! Or for any occasion, birthday, anniversary, mother's day, or just as a surprise to brighten your day!

1 comment: