Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Inspiration

Jen here. I know a few of you folks out there are still trying to pull together some costume ideas. Most of the girls here at The WonderCraft are scrambling around trying to get ours together for both Halloween weekend and our Pre-Halloween Mixx Make bash this Saturday. I thought I would post a few helpful links to get your creative juices flowing. The costumes I picked use the humble cardboard box as inspiration. Believe me, it is amazing what you can make from cardboard.


As most of you know, I love robots. My new favorite blog (Mostly Forbidden Zone) has several postings of old Popular Mechanics articles illustrating how to build a robot costume. Great stuff. Cardboard robots are a classic and economical costume solution.

The Operation game costume has been a favorite idea of mine for years. Anything interactive is always a good idea. Makes breaking the ice at Halloween parties much easier.

For another interactive but economical costume, try being a camera. I love that the maker included a working flash. Makes night, party shots much easier. Plus, you would be expected to take photos. A great motivator for the shy photographers among us.

If you still need a few ideas, try the Instructables website. You can also join us Saturday and make a mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment